Overseas Graduates Work in Australia         -------- Visa Subclass 476
This visa allows recent graduates of selected overseas universities to gain up to 18 months of skilled work experience in occupations in demand in Australia.
This visa is for you if you completed an Engineering degree at a recognised overseas institution in the last two years.
This visa does not have a points test but other requirements must be met.
As a holder of this visa, you may apply for permanent residence at any time if you are able to meet the pass mark on the General Skilled Migration points test.
Application Requirements
At the time you apply for this visa, you must meet all of the following requirements:
•    you are less than 31 years of age
•    you meet the English language threshold
•    in the last two years you completed an Engineering degree at a recognised overseas institution
•    you have paid the correct visa application fee
•    you have lodged your application with the Adelaide Skilled Processing Centre (ASPC).
You must make sure that you can meet these requirements at the time you lodge your application. If your application does not meet the minimum requirements, either:
•    you will not be considered as having made an application, and your papers and any monies paid will be returned to you or.
•    your application will be refused.
Eligible qualification
In the two (2) years immediately before the date of making your application, you must have completed an eligible degree qualification in Engineering.
An eligible degree qualification can be any of the following:
•    A bachelor's degree
•    A masters degree
•    A doctoral degree
•    A postgraduate diploma
Your degree qualification must contain a major sequence of study or specialisation in an Engineering discipline. Engineering specialisations include but are not limited to:
•    Civil Engineering
•    Structural Engineering
•    Chemical Engineering
•    Environmental Engineering
•    Electrical and Electronics Engineering
•    Mechanical, Production and Plant Engineering
•    Mining and Material Engineering
Important: The qualification that you are relying on to meet this requirement must have been completed at a recognised overseas institution
What does this visa let you do?
This visa allows you and any secondary applicants included in your visa application to remain in Australia for up to 18 months with no restrictions on work or study. During this period you may choose to:
•    travel
•    work
•    undertake further professional studies
•    study to improve your English skills.
This is a temporary visa allowing you to live, work and study in Australia for up to 18 months
There are no conditions placed on this visa.
If you are granted this visa you are able to live and work in any part of Australia and engage in any type of employment. You and any accompanying secondary applicants must however comply with Australian laws. Failure to do so may affect your ability to remain in Australia.